Thursday, May 13, 2010

The greatest day of our lives...............

Yesterday we were able to add this beautiful boy to our family. Colton will be five months old on the 18th. He is such a lovable and happy boy. We witnessed the most loving and selfless act of kindness. His birth mom is such an amazing woman. We will be forever grateful for her. She is a pillar of strength and she has brought Destrie to tears more than anyone else :) This adoption has been a pure testimony builder of faith and the Lord's will. Our adventure these past few days has been one miracle after another. We were so blessed to have both of our mom's at the placement and Colton's grandpa. I think they will forever have a special bond. We can't wait to get the little man home and introduce him to everyone!!!!

5 comments:

JoLynn said...

Hi I am Debbie Pepper, Ashley's mother, I am so happy for you and Colton looks very happy. I can't wait to meet you.
With prayers,
Debbie

Jenn and Brandon said...

Oh my gosh! Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys! Can't wait to hear the whole story!

Unknown said...

p.s. I love your horses, I am sure Ashley has mentioned we have a Quarter horse named Cash. We also own a Black lab and a Portequese Water Dog. He is our 4th own. I believe we have such mush in common.
I have fun today I will be working in the garden,
Debbie Pepper, Coltons paternal grandmother. I wish I could put pictures on the compurter for you but it is brand new Mac and I haven't figured it out yet. lol
My home phone # is 937-427-9532. Please call at anytime.
Have a wonderful day, If you would please give Colton a kiss for me.
Thank you so much,
Debbie Pepper

Unknown said...

Sorry about my spelling and bad grammar. I have been in a rush today. I don't know if Ashley has told you anything about me. But I am an OR nurse with another Bachlors degree in child pshchology. Colton uncle Taylor Ashley's brother would like to meet you also if possible.
Once again thank you,
your in my prayers,
Debbie

~Our Family~ said...

Hey Katie and Destrie..This is Cindy... I'm so totally excited for you guys to add this cute and handsome little man into your lifes.. Not only do you add him you have another extended family also his birthfamily... I love adoption it is wonderful. I had Jake get me your blog address I hope you don't mind if I follow your follow and your more than welcome to follow mine... He sure does look like Destrie that is so awesome things happen for a reason like that... Braxton looks like our family too it is amazing because his birthparents don't look nothing like us... Anyway I hope that you guys get to come home soon.. Make sure you keep up on them everyday and see if icpc has cleared... Can't wait for the rest of your family to see him in person.. The girls are so excited I had them yesterday and they had to tell me that you adopted and that you named him Colton... So exciting... Congrats.....