So last week was a very emotional week here at our house. I have been trying to gather my thoughts just to do this post. Well here goes nothing.
Monday- 29th
We headed to court for our finalization of Colton's adoption. I was a wreck, my nerves were getting the best of me and of course we were running behind. It is a good thing Destrie keep his cool:) But I of course had worked myself up for nothing. It was a wonderful experience Judge Willmore was so amazing and fun. After all of the legal jargon was over he had everyone come up for pictures.
Sara is from the agency, Judge Willmore, The "H" Fam & Kelly our attorney

I love that he let our support crew get in a picture

Then came the best part, Judge Willmore tells us to put Colt in his chair and give him the gavel. It was so fun and of course Colt loved it.

We refer to this one as "Order, order in my court"!

We have decided it was the bow tie that got Colt in the Judge's Chair
After court we went to lunch were Colt and his BFF, Lyndee ate lunch together.

Skip to Saturday the 4th
Sealing Day

Since the adoption was now final we could have Colt sealed us and become an eternal family...(yes the tears are rolling) What an amazing experience to see that little boy all dressed in white and to know that as long as we keep our end of the deal with the the good man above, we will be together forever. I am so grateful for our amazing family and friends who were there, some inside with us and some outside. We are truly blessed. Colton was a doll, he was so reverent, which is hard for him! He would just sit and smile at everyone. I hope I will always remember the feeling that was in that room. It was crazy how multiple times while we were in the temple and I would look back and look for Ashley, like come on you are part of this and even though she was not there, we had her there in thought. She is the reason that we have the amazing opportunity to raise this little boy.
The Logan Temple gives you 15 minutes in your whites to go outside for pictures, so of course Miss Sandy was there to capture all of the wonderful moments...Thanks Sandy!
Most of our crew

Then we all looked

And we saw these two running to get in the pictures

So we took another group shot

We had to take some pictures with our immediate family

Here are some of my favorites of the three of us.

Sunday- the 5th
Colt was given a name and a blessing. Destrie did a fabulous job. Our family took up so much room in the church, it was awesome to have that kind of support. After we had a lunch, when you get 125 friends and family of all ages things tend to get a little wild. Poor Colt was so exhausted this is really the only picture of us we got.

Here some shots of the day that Meg & Jake took for me.

Colt is so lucky to have so many people who love him.
Two words can sum up the whole week......grateful and amazing.
4 comments:
I am so happy for everyone. I really wanted Colton to be blessed in the church and know he has I am so thankful for all you have done for him, Ash , and me. We have been so blessed. I have tears of happiness. How could I ever thank you for all the great pictures you have put on the Block and the care and love Colton has had from everyone.
If you would please give him a kiss and hug from grandma Pepper
Love, hugs, and blessings,
Debbie
Awesome awesome.. Brought tears to my eyes because it brought memories of that same day for us... What an amazing thing adoption is.. It truly is the best thing in the world.. Love our birthmoms more than anything in this world.. He sure is a cutie pie and I can see the love his daddy has for him and everyone else that is around him.. What a special little guy... So happy for you guys...
I'm SO happy for you guys, and SO SAD i couldn't be there!! Glad everything went so well, and we were thinking about you! What an amazing time! Such cute pictures!! =)
Happy Birthday Colton a big "1" tomorrow. I am sure you everyone will enjoy it.
Love,
Grandma Pepper
Post a Comment